This post is sponsored by Garofalo® Pasta. All comments and opinions are my own.
This comforting Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup featuring Garofalo® Fusilli Pasta is made with a fire-roasted tomato base, ground beef, vegetables, Italian flavors, and hearty fusilli pasta.
Classic vegetable beef and noodle soup is perfect for cold evenings and I’ve got a great recipe to share with you that takes dinner to the next level with Garofalo pasta. It starts with browning ground beef with onion and garlic, then adding in frozen mixed vegetables, fire-roasted tomatoes, Worcestershire, Italian seasoning, and beef broth. The ingredients simmer together with fusilli pasta creating a full-bodied, comforting soup. This crowd-pleaser is easy to throw together and makes a beautiful presentation on your dinner table. Try it on game day with a sprinkle of cheese or make a big batch to take a meal to a loved one.
Fusilli is the perfect pasta to use in soup because the spirals soak up all the flavors and the bite-sized noodles make it easy to eat. Using authentic Italian pasta like Garofalo gives the dish an elevated taste and texture that is sure to impress. Try it with a grilled cheese sandwich or a loaf of crusty bread. It’s also great for leftovers. The sturdy pasta does not become mushy and can last several days in the refrigerator.
Garofalo began making pasta in 1789 and is the oldest and longest operating pastificio (pasta factory) in Gragnano, Italy. Gragnano is known as the birthplace of pasta and even includes the word “wheat” (grano) in its name. Garofalo’s packaging is completely transparent; Nothing to hide, everything to share. The texture and flavor of their pasta is high-quality and something to be savored and appreciated. Its single ingredient is 100% highest-quality durum wheat semolina. Garofalo uses a traditional bronze-dye to give their pasta a coarse and porous texture so your sauce will cling to it better. It’s the perfect gourmet pasta for everyday meals. Find it in the pasta aisle at Rouses Markets!
You can purchase Garofalo pasta at Rouses Markets. Stop by the store or shop safely and conveniently via Instacart. Click here to shop!
Ingredients for Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup
This easy soup recipe requires just 10 ingredients and comes together quickly. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Pantry staples: olive oil and Worcestershire sauce
- Yellow onion and garlic (either chopped from cloves or the chopped refrigerated version)
- Ground beef: You’ll need 1 pound of a lean variety
- Vegetables: I like to use frozen mixed vegetables to make it simple, and they taste great when simmered with all the other ingredients
- Canned goods: fire-roasted diced tomatoes and beef broth
- Spices and Seasonings: You’ll need Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Pasta: For the best texture and flavor, use good quality pasta! This recipe calls for uncooked Garofalo fusilli pasta
How to Make Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup
Here are the steps for making this simple vegetable beef soup:
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and beef and cook until no pink remains, breaking it up as you go. Drain and return to pot.
2. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add mixed vegetables, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and beef broth. Increase heat and bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add pasta and return heat to a boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I hope you love this Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup made with Garofalo pasta. Let me know what you think in the comments and be sure to leave a star rating!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 28 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Garofalo fusilli pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and beef and cook until no pink remains, breaking it up as you go. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add mixed vegetables, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and beef broth. Increase heat and bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and return heat to a boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.