Make this EASY Garlic Herb Butter with just 3 ingredients and one bowl! It’s the perfect complement to bread, vegetables, meats, and seafood. You will want to slather it on everything!
Garlicky, herby butter. Does it really get any better than a good homemade garlic butter? You will want to add garlic herb butter to EVERYTHING. This recipe is so simple but adds a special touch to any meal, no matter what protein you’re cooking or even if you’re just making garlic butter for bread.
Garlic butter with herbs is incredible with your steak dinner recipes, tender roast beef recipes, whole beef tenderloin, or even slathered on turkey for Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey. Compound butter for turkey is an absolute must-try. You won’t believe how crispy the skin gets and how much flavor it adds!
I love using our garlic butter for pasta, too. Add it to your favorite pasta like angel hair or linguine and it will feel like a gourmet meal! You can even melt butter garlic sauce with herbs over seafood for an incredible garlic butter sauce. Garlic butter for shrimp is my favorite! Oh, and DEFINITELY try adding garlic herb butter to your steamed crab legs. You will not even believe how delicious this combination is!
Ingredients for Garlic Herb Butter
The best part about making homemade garlic butter is that it contains just 3 simple ingredients.
- Butter: I use salted butter in this recipe but if you prefer, you can use unsalted butter and add salt to taste.
- Garlic: The garlic gives the butter its amazing flavor! Chop it up finely by hand or put it in a garlic press.
- Herbs: This recipe uses parsley, which complements so many foods, but feel free to experiment with additional herbs of your choosing! For example, you could try adding a little thyme for steak butter.
How to Make Garlic Herb Butter
Making flavored butter takes only a few minutes! Here’s all you have to do:
- Start with the butter. Make sure it’s at room temperature before you get started so you can mix everything together easily. Then, add it to a bowl.
- Chop or press the garlic and finely chop the parsley. Add both to the bowl.
- Mix until well combined. That’s it! Perfectly flavored homemade garlic butter!
- If you are using the recipe as a Garlic Butter spread, it will be ready to use. If you are using it as a Garlic Butter Sauce, add to a saucepan and heat on low for 3 minutes or until melted.
How to Make Garlic Butter for Bread
This is the best garlic butter spread! The secret to a great garlic bread recipe is to keep it simple.
- Use the recipe for garlic butter but do not melt the garlic butter.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Spread on your favorite bread (baguette or french bread works great) at room temperature.
- Optional – for cheesy garlic bread, sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella or parmesan cheese on top.
- Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake until bread is toasted and lightly brown, approximately 5 minutes.
Store your garlic herb butter in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of weeks or even freeze it to bring out as needed.
Can you freeze butter?
Yes, you can freeze garlic butter spread. Just as if you were storing it in the refrigerator, add it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer.
I recommend freezing for no more than 2 months but can guarantee you will enjoy it all before then. You can take it straight out of the freezer and toss it in with whatever meal you’re making for quick & easy flavor!
If you’re taking garlic butter spread out of the freezer for bread, I recommend microwaving it on the lowest power setting for 15 seconds.
How long does garlic butter last?
Garlic butter will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge and about 2 to 3 months in the freezer. That is, if you don’t enjoy it all before then!
I know you’re going to love this easy garlic butter recipe! Share how you plan to serve it in the comments below! I love to hear from you.
Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 sticks butter, salted at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 1/8 cup parsley finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well-combined.