This creamy, decadent, and garlicky Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta is accented with mushrooms and peas and can be thrown together in just 30 minutes.
Today I have an easy and delicious apple chicken sausage pasta dish to share with you. It’s creamy, rich, and garlicky, but made just a little lighter by using chicken sausage. I love this recipe because it only requires 11 ingredients, one pan, and one pot.
How to Make Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta
This creamy sausage pasta dish could not be more simple to make. The sausage gets browned while the mushrooms get soft and caramalized in a little olive oil. Green onions and garlic are added and cooked down. Then to make it creamy, we add a little chicken broth, heavy cream, and some frozen peas. This saucy goodness then gets tossed with some fettuccine noodles, mixed with parmesan cheese and garnished with green onions, parsley, and more cheese.
Serving and Storing Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta
You can serve Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta with crusty bread and a side salad to make it an elegant meal with very minimal effort. It’s also great for leftovers and can be heated back up in a pan with a little added water to make the sauce creamy and smooth again. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Be sure to add this sausage pasta dish into your meal rotation and let me know how you like it by commenting on this blog post or tagging me on social media (@allthekingsmorsels and #allthekingsmorsels). Happy cooking!
I would love it if you would subscribe to my email list below! You’ll get an email from me each time a new recipe comes out.
Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 12 oz fully cooked apple chicken sausage links, cut into rounds (I used Johnsonville)
- 1/2 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped (save one for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded (extra for garnish)
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
- Add olive oil to a pan and when heated add sausage and mushrooms. Let brown, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and let cook until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add peas, chicken broth, heavy cream, and plenty of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and mix well until everything is coated in cream sauce.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and mix until combined and melted. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with remaining onion, parsley, and a sprinkle more of parmesan.